MP3 Rocket & Java Version Info
Verify the version information of your MP3 Rocket program & Java
How To Check Your MP3 Rocket and Java Versions:
To determine which version of MP3 Rocket you have installed on your computer, and which version of Java you are running, do the following:
- Open your MP3 Rocket program,
- Select HELP from the menu bar at the top of the program,
- In the drop-down menu under HELP, select About MP3 Rocket from the list of options.
After selecting About MP3 Rocket from the HELP menu, a small window will open on your screen that will display the program credits, as well as additional information about your MP3 Rocket program. The MP3 Rocket version number, as well as the Java version number will appear at the top of the window beneath the MP3 Rocket logo.
Updating your MP3 Rocket program to the latest version:
If you need to update your MP3 Rocket program to a newer version, follow the steps below:
Update steps for PRO Members:
- Login to the Members Area using your full name and the E-mail address you registered with. Access the login page here,
- Once you have successfully logged into the Members Area, follow the instructions on-screen for installing the program.
- If the instructions for installing the program do not appear on-screen after you have logged in, click on the Install MP3 Rocket link at the top of the list on the left side of the Members Area.
- NOTE: The installation for the latest version of MP3 Rocket will remove any previous versions of the program installed on your computer. You do not need to uninstall the program prior to updating.
Update steps for Basic users:
- Basic users can obtain the latest Basic version of the program Install Basic Here.
Updating your Java version:
If you need to update your Java version, visit Java's homepage here and follow their instructions for installing the latest Java version onto your computer.
What is Java?
Java is a programming language and computing platform first released by Sun Microsystems in 1995. It is the underlying technology that powers state-of-the-art programs. Java runs on more than 850 million personal computers worldwide, and on billions of devices worldwide, including mobile and TV devices. MP3 Rocket is a Java-based program, therefore, it is necessary to have the latest version of Java installed on your computer for the program to function properly.